TIRE PRESSURES

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TIRE PRESSURES
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 8 Feb 91 11:25:56
                       Subject:                               Time:11:19 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          TIRE PRESSURES                         Date:2/8/91
  I agree with preceeding statements, that the really important thing is the
pressure differential between front and rear.  We usually want the front to be
a "stickier" than the rear, so that in a hard turn, the rear will break loose
first ( oversteer ).

    Another thing I've heard, is that the pressure is right when the difference
between the COLD pressure and the HOT pressure is about 4 PSI.
If the difference is greater, the absolute pressure is too low.  Is this true?
I read it in an article about motorcycles.  Maybe it applies to cars too?

       - Jerry Kaidor