Steering questions (73 MGB)

To: akkana@apple.com
Subject: Steering questions (73 MGB)
From: idi!berry@apple.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 12:10:43 PST
   Berry Kercheval writes:
   > It might be a good idea to do an alignment when you get done anyway,

   If you care about the car's handling, yes!  Do an alignment any time
   you change any suspension pieces.  Sure, if you count the turns as
   you unscrew the tierod, you'll get close.

Well, yes.  I was perhaps less emphatic about it than I meant to be.
I meant that you'll get close enough to drive to the alignment shop
(or to the grocers for more Fermented British Car Assembly Fluid), but
I didn't mean to imply that it would be good enough to drive
indefinitely.  By all means, alignment is quite important and there's
not excuse for not checking it.

  --berry