Re: I need my brit-car fix NOT

To: british-cars-local@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: I need my brit-car fix NOT
From: arizona!tr!steve@uunet.uu.net (steve chandler CAI Tucson)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 90 08:28:44 MST
Barry,

It is remotely possible that the coil is shorting internally but not
likely. I would check the connections around the coil, there is a ballast
resistor above the coil (ceramic block about 3 inches long with wires
at both ends) where the tach and the coil connections are made.

Secondly if you have the original Lucas system, these were VERY
unreliable (even for Lucas :) and wI ould not be suprised if that was
the culprit. Most of the TR8's that I have seen (including mine) have
been converted over to a Lumenition system, which is much more robust.
(and are guarenteed for life, if you buy them from the right people..)

Hope this helps

steve chandler
computer automation tucson