Testing new, wider distribution

To: british-cars-local@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Testing new, wider distribution
From: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 90 15:34:45 PST
Well, I've heard from a number of people on the old British-Cars
list, and we're all getting pretty grumpy without our daily
fix of Lucas and Castrol.  A couple of days ago, I sent out
a lifeline to the Bay Area sub-branch of the list and some of
us have been communicating on this -- purely as a temporary
emergency measure, of course.

In any case, I've just added a passle of names from around the
country to my local list, and this message is a combination test
and announcement.

The testing part is that I want to see how many bounces I get.
The old mailing list was bounce-free (once I fixed up a couple
of SGI addresses; boy, do I sympathize with people who were
trying to get mail to me at my old job :-), so I'll see just how
good my new addresses are.

The announcement is that if you get this message (and some of
you know this already), you can use this mailing address to
discuss British cars:

  british-cars-local@wsl.dec.com

Again, this (I hope) is only a temporary measure, and if I've
left anyone off the list, I assure you it isn't through malice
but simply through ignorance.  I'm trying not to offend anyone,
and please -- if you happen to communicate with an SOL who isn't
on this list, make sure that he or she knows that I'm not
intentionally excluding anyone.

Requests, suggestions, questions, and other administrative
details that you want me to see should go to:

  sfisher@wsl.dec.com  OR  british-cars-local-request@wsl.dec.com

I get them either way; the second address gets sorted automatically
into my britcars folder.

That's enough for now.  Looking forward to reading about all
our adventures, and maybe to helping some of our snowbound
readers keep the Lucas faith this winter.  Best of luck to
you all.

--Scott