Impending Frogeye purchase - HELP !!!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Impending Frogeye purchase - HELP !!!
From: Iain McWilliams <uunet!inmos.com!mcwill@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 90 09:23:38 BST
In around 10 days we're going to be looking at a frogeye in need of adoption :-)
The reason I'm mentioning this is - I haven't a clue about frogeyes. I have
a GT6, so I know roughly where to find the engine (In the front right ?) but
I haven't reached the guru status of rebuilding it yet.

Anyway this is what we know about the car.

1959 ex-florida re-import (I'm in the UK), Easy restoration, all steel,
     1275 engine and g/box, front discs. hood is complete. cost 2200 sterling.

Now as to the bodywork ... what areas to check ?
What costs megabucks to replace ?
Does the Mk1 lend itself to an engine swap with a midget ?

Help

Iain McWilliams            mcwill@inmos.com  or  mcwill@inmos.co.uk