misc

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM (SOL mail list)
Subject: misc
From: T.J. Higgins <mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!a106d!tj@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 90 11:38:36 CDT
The following 2 articles appeared recently in rec.autos, and I
thought they would be of interest to the list.  My apologies to those
who have already seen them.

Subject: Engine and Transmission wanted for MGTD

Subject: Re: BMW 2002

> {2002 talk, esp about the Solex}
>
> Gee, the 68 I had went for years and many miles without knowing
> that there was anything to fix under that air cleaner. Maybe I'm
> influenced by the 60's book "How to Repair Your Foreign Car"
> that was really about the joys of owning one of HRH, the Queen's
> finest. It had great chapter titles such as:
>       Things that go bump
>       Advanced tinkering
> but the classic one was:
>       Carburetor is a French word for "Leave it alone"
>
> BTW, the 2002 was so popular that at one point a company in New
> England specialized in rebuilding them, and 144 Volvos, too.
>
> --
> A host is a host from coast to coast.....wb8foz@mthvax.cs.miami.edu
> & no one will talk to a host that's close............(305) 255-RTFM
> Unless the host (that isn't close)......................pob 570-335
> is busy, hung or dead....................................33257-0335

T.J. Higgins                    uunet!ingr!higgins (UUCP)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A3    higgins@ingr.com   (Internet)
One Madison Industrial Park
Huntsville, AL  35894-0001      "Well-weathered leather, hot metal
(205) 730-7922                   and oil, the scent of country air"
                                                        -Rush