Re: Moss motors, the pound,..CORRECTION

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Moss motors, the pound,..CORRECTION
From: mit-eddie!cgl.ucsf.EDU!gregoret@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 90 09:38:05 PDT
Sorry, I should have read my postcard from Moss more carefully.
It states that a new price list will take effect October 15 (because
of the poor exchange rate.)  "Current pricing and the Fall Sale
will be in effect through then."

So now IS the time to stock up.

By now, however, you have all probably received your postcards, so
this (and the previous message) can be considered as wasted bandwidth.
So let me try to salvage this posting:

When Chuck and I took our trip down the coast from SF to SD we passed
through Goleta, CA (just north of SB) and decided to stop at Moss to
check about a trunk lock.  Moss, for those of you who might be curious,
is not all that exciting.  It looks like a mail order business, housed
in a reflective glass building with a sign out front saying they have
no lawn because of the drought.  There is an MGB body shell on display
inside, but it's boring-looking grey (which makes sense, but I think I
expected it to be painted.)  There are people at terminals, and all
sorts of badges and things on display in the case at the counter,
including a small model of some sort of Triumph which is "not for
sale."  The bathroom is nice.  The employees couldn't tell us whether
an MGBGT trunk lock (thanks, Andy!) will fit a roadster trunk and they
didn't have the part in stock so we could compare them.  But in
general, unless you have to go to the bathroom, don't go there -- it's
boring.

Lydia gregoret@cgl.ucsf.edu

P.S. as for the trunk lock, it will probably fit once we make a longer
swing-piece for it in the machine shop.