Why A New Car Isn't Always Best

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Why A New Car Isn't Always Best
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 90 13:17:55 EDT
I was at loose ends this weekend, having finished a serious spate of work,
and I realized one great draw of older cars:  you can work on them.  Sure,
the Miata does just about everything one wants from an LBC, but on Sunday
I _really_ wanted to tune up a car, dammit!  Change the oil, gap & install
new plugs, new air filter, set the timing, and set up some carbs.  Spend
an afternoon tinkering, all to be rewarded with a blast around the country-
side in the nice late-afternoon sun, the car running at it's best because
of an investment of one's own time & effort.

So instead, I washed the car, painted the lettering on the valve cover as
my token personal effort (looks spiffy, to0), and motored down the the body
shop to cajole the elves into working faster on my 'cuda.

 now more than
ready to get back to fiddling with cars almost as old as I am.  Thank
you for your support; we now return to your regularly-scheduled programming.

ed devinney   ejd@iris.brown.edu