"SOL", various recent ramblings

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: "SOL", various recent ramblings
From: mit-eddie!TGV.COM!sjogren@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Sam Sjogren)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 90 22:57:11 PDT
Well, it seems that all of the list traffic has made a fine
transition to my new home at TGV.  There's a few motorheads
here, and we'll see just how much indoctrination into the
wonders of British cars they'll stand for.

Perhaps "SOL" could stand for "Siblings Of Lucas", and we
can refer to Mssr. Lucas as our evil twin?  Yes, living in
that home of active radical feminism, Santa Cruz (well, the
county, at least, and I do work in the city of Santa Cruz),
bearing a "sexist" emblem would be dangerous at worst, or
entertaining at best (if one takes personal attacks on
unintentional slights, well, slightly!).  I do find "Scions
(sp?) Of Lucas" wonderfully obfuscating.

The other weekend, of the 13th of July, I made a serious
off-course excursion in my MGB racer at Sears Point.  An
initial inspection after I finished the race didn't show
any damage, which I find rather impressive after riding
out the impacts, altho I did find a suspension component
sitting on the trailer after I unloaded the car at home.
After a thorough inspection and repair I'll post a more
complete story and analysis.  That old girl just keeps
on plugging away, I must say!  Oh, and no damage to myself,
in case you were wondering, thank you, except that I got
repassed while returning to the circuit from the weeds that
I ended up in.  As my former driving instructor said: "you
let that damn Japanese car past you!"

-Mr. Motorhead