lot's of stuff

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: lot's of stuff
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 90 20:58 EDT
[drool mode on]
     Did anyone else see the "new" Mini Coopers & the limited edition
"works Coopers" in the 7/23 Autoweek? What a beauty! If you haven't seen
them, they look a LOT like the original works Cooper S's of the sixties,
white roof, cooper grille, minilite style wheels, the works! output from
the 1.3 engine will range from 72-80hp and give the 1990's mini a 0 to 60
time of about 8 secs.
     The car will still only be sold in the UK (snif) with a special
edition (1000 made) signed "works" cars going for $12,750 <--($10 a cc!)
Now all the need to do is drop the Metro turbo engine in that puppy and
blow away the CRX, but it'll never happen. :(

     In other news, I just got my MGB newsletter from TRF with the information
on the Summer Party 1990. Has anyone else made any plans to attend? This would
seem to be a great time to have a Mideast gathering for the SOL (btw, I vote
a sticker, I'd just put it on my board with the dash plaques. They are planning
all kinds of events like autocrossing, Rallyes, tours, Concours, and even
Drag Racing on friday. Even if the B-GT isn't together by that time, I still
plan to be there in person. Oh yeah, the Party will be held August 10-12 at
TRF and in Indiana, PA. I hope to see people there.

     P.S. Hey, that's my Mini on the left in that Autoweek article. Well, maybe
it isn't. That one isn't in 200 pieces all over the house. :)

|GREG NAGY                      /---------------\       | "Whaddya mean |
|GGN100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU         //     || |      \  \     |'We're out of  |
|PENN STATE UNIV.     ( /--\  |  177  |       /--\  B|  |and push...We  |
|MCKEESPORT CAMPUS    D| () | |_______|      | () | /   |can still zero |