Re: TR-6's & waving

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM, phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV
Subject: Re: TR-6's & waving
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 16:28:38 CDT
->In Minnesota, all brit roadster drivers will wave back to my decrepit
->Spridget.  There are not that many of us on the road.  Maybe where you

        And they're only on the road 5 months a year..... ;-}

->live, TR-6s are more commonplace.  As I recall (Bill Sohl and Dr.
->Bobwrench will tell me if I am wrong) there were a lot of sixes made.

        There were around 94,000 TR-6's made from 1969 to 1976. I've heard
claims that some of the last cars were titled as 1977's, but mine, made June
10th, 1976, 300 cars from the end of the run is a '76. The last TR-6 I've seen
was 150 or so further down the assembly line and his is a 76 as well. Just
when I though I had found the last of the pimento 76 TR-6's....

->tradition.  On the broader subject of waving, Howard Mohr has written
->a piece on the proper ettiquette of waving in rural Minnesota.  He
->read it once on the "Prairie Home Companion".  Funny stuff.
->>

        When I was driving home from Iowa last month, everyone waved. I don't
just mean most everyone, I mean every car I passed once I was outside of the
city of Waterloo. It was impressive. But as far as I could tell, they waved at
everyone....

        iii