Anybody know TR-4A spring specs?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Anybody know TR-4A spring specs?
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 17:00:46 PDT
This is part n of Sarah's Suspension Saga, for those of you that are keeping
track.

Sarah (my TR-4A) has been in the shop for two weeks while the folks at
Precision Frame and Axle fiddle the front suspension to try to get it
into decent alignment. The problem has been that the best they could do
on camber was +1.5 on the left and +1.25 on the right. The latest
theory is that the enw springs I bought from TRF and installed (p/n
213165) are the wrong ones - too long. They've popped in a pair that
were just taken out of another 4A (being replaced with competition springs).

The problem is that I can't find spring specs for the 4A anywhere, so I
can't figure out who's to blame. The factory manual and Bentley's just
have the specs for the 4. The springs that I had in had a free length
of 10.25", wire diam of 0.5". The ones they just put in have a free
length of 9.5", wire diam of 0.475". The result has been to lower the
car by about 2"!

Not surprisingly, neither of these springs matches any of the specs for
the 4A, and they probably shouldn't (though I was surprised to see that
the part number for competition springs is the same for the 4 and 4A).
Does anyone have the spring specs for the TR-250 or early -6s? They all
share the same front end, though I'd expect the -250 and -6 to have
somewhat stiffer springs to offset the heavier engine.

Thanks,
chris