Re: British Cars Day (was It's a conspiracy)

To: alliant!british-cars@eddie.mit.edu, uunet!hsi.com!archer@eddie.mit.edu
Subject: Re: British Cars Day (was It's a conspiracy)
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 90 17:28:11 EDT
As Garry noted, this was a fine, fine show.  I'm sorry I didn't meet anyone
(I was the red-haired Irish-looking guy with flourescent cap & a bandana
around my neck to keep the sun off.  Oh yeah, tie-dye shorts, too).
We arrived kind of late (followed a nice Lotus Cortina into the wrong park - he
was lost, too, and we watched a guy on a motorcycle high-side it over a
curb.  Stayed to do what could (called the police), and that took a while).

Anyway, the show: three points.
1) Was it me, or did it end early? 2:45 and folks were zooming out of there.
     I'm quite experienced with US musclecar shows, and we stay till 5 or so.

2) If anyone knows the guy with the dark maroon (modified) Stag, could you
     ask for a phone number?  Unless he's anything like the guy with the
     Red (original) Stag - for someone who's driving such a specialty car, he
     could at least be civil to a fellow owner.

3) I also could have used an SOL identifying point, so here comes ...

       ... The Scions of Lucas Identifying Marker Offer of 1990.
   Presented for your approval, as was done recently in rec.motorcycles, the
idea of creating an SOL patch (or sticker, or both).  rec.MC folk did it for
about $5/patch.  I agree that the SOL list is substantially like a car club;
it'd be nice to be able to find each other.  The stipulations? First, e-mail
me if your interested and we'll determine if this is economically feasible.
If so, we'll see who's interested in doing artwork.  Assuming there's more than
one good design, we'll run them by the group for a vote.  Then we get a few
quotes from patch/sticker/dash plate suppliers, and there we are.

Any interest? Mail me at ejd@iris.brown.edu.

And Duane - yours was the red Healey by the A-Ms?  Outstanding.

ed devinney
ejd@iris.brown.edu