Re: Yow

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM,
Subject: Re: Yow
From: mit-eddie!EBay.Sun.COM!mutchler@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dan Mutchler)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 90 13:09:16 PDT
//If I'm going to have to write them off as a supplier, I need to find someone
//else that carries those things TRF doesn't.  So Spit owners, who's your
//second line parts house?  The closer to the east coast the better for me.
//
Victoria British is my favorite second source. In fact my current procedure
is to call TRF, place my order and get their back order list. I then call
Victoria and do a stock check on the TRF backorder items. Anything they
have I order and then call TRF right back and cancel those items. Seven
working days later I have what I need. For $15 I have it the next day.

BRP has some part still on back order that I ordered in May. I need
to call them back and cancel so I can find them elsewhere. It turns
out that it is the splash guards for the engine compartment. Given
I have a nice shiny rebuilt engine to put in there, I'm reluctant
to put very many miles on the car with out the shields.

//P.S.:  I looked into the front brakes and suspension this weekend and the
//      right front inner wheel bearing is shot.  Also the trunnion
//      bushings on both sides have about 1/4" - 1/2 inch of play in them.
//      I'm still debating as to whether to buy an entire front suspension
//      kit, or to buy just a trunnion kit, as the rest of it looks fine.
//      I sure am putting a lot of money into this car considering that I
//      bought it as a disposable plaything for the summer.  I may not even
//      get to drive it more than a month this summer!
//
Well, I started rebuilding our '75 in May and hoped to have it running
again by July 4th. Now I'd be happy if I get it going by August 1, and
mid August looks somewhat questionable. Of course out here I can probably
get most of September and part of October out of it with the top down.
But then again it rained today, and I haven't seen a drop of rain after
May out here in the 7+ years I lived here.

Good luck

Dan Mutchler                       | ARPA/Internet:  mutchler@EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Federal System Engineer        | UUCP:           ...!sun!mutchler
Against stupidity, the Gods Themselves, contend in vain.
                                    Isaac Asimov