Re: Real Spitfires

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Real Spitfires
From: mit-eddie!decwrl.dec.com!metaphor!twisted.metaphor.com!borman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Tom Borman)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 90 09:01:32 PDT
>That "Piece Of Cake" thingy on Materpiece Theatre looks real good.  I don't
>recall seeing a full compliment of 12, tho'.  Looks more like 1/2 a dozen
>to me.  I read a review of this work, and I thought it said they had about

>said the review, that can be excused because there are probably only 2
>Hurricains still flying in the world and the Spitfire is prettier anyway.

Weird thing happened, I picked this book up about a week before the series
started (it's been stuck to my face ever since :-))
So that you know, in the book it's all Hurricanes - nary a Spit in the lot.
This despite the Spit on the cover of the book.

...Oh, and by the way... (#define BritCarContent)
Anybody want to buy a rather nice '73 Lotus Europa ?

Tom Borman
borman@twisted.metaphor.com