electronic ignition

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: electronic ignition
From: Edward Burns <mit-eddie!ads.com!eburns@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 90 18:52:23 PDT
Just wanted to thank everyone for responding to my questions about
electronic ignitions.

Everybody I heard from was very happy with theirs so I went ahead and
did it.  I got the Allison XR-700, a Lucas Sport coil, Bosch silicone
wires and Bosch copper plugs.  I spent a couple hours installing it all
yesterday and so far I love it.  The performance improvement is obvious.
I could never get the car(67 MGB/GT) to idle just right, but with this
new stuff, it's almost there.  Starts a lot easier too.

I do have a question though:   How much wider should I gap my plugs?
Since I didn't know, I just gave them a few thousanths more.  Thanks.

-Ed