Alas!! I can't go...

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: Alas!! I can't go...
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 90 14:27:44 EDT
No, Garry, I can't go the the All-British Day at Lars Anderson Park, and I
don't think I have ever said I could... :-(
On the other hand, I'll be playing music in the Catskills. :-)

There are some powerful forces at work in the universe that none of us
understands.  One of those forces dictates that all of our good music
gigs occur on the same weekend as the desirable SOL celebrations, and
yet on the same single day when said events are single-day with half
of the weekend free.  This has been the case for some years now, and
will probably continue into the indefinite future.  There is a regional
VTR meet in Princeton, N.J. next week that I'd like to attend too.  Nope.

For the record, and in case any of your happen to be interested in good
bluegrass music (kirkb, you still there?), our schedule for the rest of
the year is printed below.  (Speaking of record, we will be recording our
3rd this December).  You can see for yourselves that we miss out on most
of the interesting SOL shows, including all the local (NET) tours.

Southern Rail Schedule
----------------------

July 8  Noon-4PM    Dedham Antique Auto Show, Endicott Estate, Dedham, Mass.
July 12-15          Peaceful Valley Bluegrass Festival, Shinhopple, N.Y.
July 8  7-9PM       West Brookfield, Mass. Concert On the Common
July 28,29          Nova Scotia Old Time & Bluegrass Festival, Ardoise, N.S.

Aug 4   8:30PM      First Encounter Coffeehouse, Eastham, Mass.
Aug 5   4-5:30PM    Free concert, Paine estate, Waltham, Mass.
Aug 11,12           Fox Family Bluegrass Festival, Old Forge, N.Y.
Aug 17-19           Oxford County Bluegrass Festival, Oxford, Maine
Aug 23  7:30-9PM    Concert On the Common, Waltham, Mass.
Aug 26  4:30-6:30PM Shirley Historical Society BBQ, Shirley, Mass.

Sept 1-2            Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival, Brunswick, Maine
Sept 9              Plainville Acoustic Music Festival, Plainville, Mass.
Sept 22 8PM         Willard&Jean's Bluegrass Hall, Lockland (Cincinatti), Ohio
Sept 27 9-12PM      Station Inn, Nashville, Tenn.
Sept 29 9PM         Elizabeth Moose Lodge, Elizabeth (Pittsburg), Pennsylvania

Oct 6               Bluegrass Harvest Festival, Stafford Springs, Conn.

Other dates also scheduled, mostly in New England, for this fall and spring-91.

If any of you happen to be around those place, don't forget to say hi.  If
you happen to cross paths with me while I am driving Percy, I'm the guitarist
wtih the beard, but Percy is the white Spitfire 1500 with all-black bumpers.

Jim Muller
(Wish I could be there)