A great day for British cars!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: A great day for British cars!
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 90 11:28:48 EDT
Yes, I do plan to attend.

Grandfather is here, having passed his shake down cruise this morning
(tools are on board!  :-)  He finally ran through all the old rot gas
and is full up with super premium so I can get going on tuning this
weekend.  He seems to run pretty well with just a little roughness
on idle (should I say, "while ticking over"?)  The stalling was cured
by a generous helping of 10w-30 in the SU dashpots.  Brakes still have
a clunk when applied; sticking wheel cylinder piston?  I'm hoping that
will sort itself out with use.  They seem good and solid with no hint
of mushiness.

Yes, well, I'm about 250 and 6'1" -- so you can't really miss me if
you try!  :-)  Hair was once a nice dark brown but it's mostly gray
now.  You should look for the car really.  I haven't seen many others
in light blue.  That sounds like a poor color for a motor car, but
it's really quite pretty.

I understand (Bob Leger) that last year they had cars organized by
type or something, so we may not have too much choice of where to
be.  On the other hand, people do wonder around a lot.

Know what?  We need a SOL flag!  That way we could just fly it from
the aerial for instant recognition.  Anyone artistically inclined?
(Should probably have the Union Jack on it somewheres... and make
sure it's right side up!  :-)

        - Dale

ps I think I agree with the English coach: I'd rather they played
all night than have things decided by a missed penalty kick!
Next time we (those of us residing in the U.S.A.) can see the
action "live"!!