Re: TR7 clutch flakiness...

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR7 clutch flakiness...
From: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu <mit-eddie!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 90 11:54:55 -0400
  Before trying to shift into reverse, put the clutch in, shift to 2nd,
  and THEN into reverse.  Seemed to work pretty well (although I really
  don't know why).  Perhaps putting the car temporarily in 2nd stopped
  whatever was spinning?

This generally works as 2nd will have synchros, while reverse
typically doesn't.  However, I'm still not sure why you had the
problem (with difficulty into reverse) in the first place, if it
wasn't always a problem.  Does the TR7 box usually have synchros on
reverse that may have worn??

Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter
545 Technology Square       | (617) 253-2614    (work)
Cambridge, MA 02139         | (617) 225-2249    (home)

------- End of Unsent Draft