Filling holes...

Subject: Filling holes...
From: Darrell Walker <mit-eddie!hprpcd.hp.com!walker@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 90 8:54:33 PDT
My current project is to repaint the inside of my LBC.  I have
spripped the inside, and still need to scrub it down and clean
up some rust.  The floors also have a lot of nail holes from the
previous carpet installation, and a few other non-original bolt
holes (roll bar, etc).  I need to fill them, especially the nail
holes (I may use rubber plugs in case I want to re-install the
roll bar).  What is the best thing to do?  I understand that
bondo will absorb moisture, not good since the bottom side may
be unpainted.  Since looks are not important, I could fiberglass
over the holes, or just paint then seal with silicone caulk.
Any other ideas?  Welding is out of the question, but I might
be willing to try body solder if I could do it with a propane
torch.

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@hprpcd.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: walker (hprpcd) /HP5200/UX