re: What's a TR-250 worth?

To: "bellcore!EDDIE.MIT.EDU!alliant!british-cars"@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: re: What's a TR-250 worth?
From: mit-eddie!bellcore.bellcore.com!taichi!whs70@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 16 May 1990 15:09 EDT

>Not that I have the money for another car right now, but I saw the
>following ad in the paper (Sacramento Bee):
>
>        1968 TR-250, original owner, showroom condition, $6,000 firm
>
>What is the going price for a car like this, assuming it is really
>"showroom" condition?

IF the car is indeed in showroom condition, $6000 is a fair
price.  Add some plusses if the car has overdrive and
or wire wheels.

The December 1989 "Old Cars Weekly Price Guide" gave a
condition 1 car a value of $8000 and a condition 2
car $5600.

For the above advertised car, if it is a documentable
low mileage vehicle that is also a plus.

Bill Sohl