Re: Cold air boxs (was RE: Cold Fuel)

To: sgi!alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Cold air boxs (was RE: Cold Fuel)
From: sgi!pyrthoth.pyramid.com!robbp@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Rob Pryor)
Date: Wed, 16 May 90 10:23:29 PDT
>I remember seeing plans in one of my MGA books describing a "cold air pack"
>it was nothing more than a sheet aluminum box that replaced the air
>filters.  Cool air was piped in from in front of the radiator.  The
>aluminum box had a hole drilled in the back to avoid any ram effect.

The Healey 100/4 was offered for a short time with factory mods becoming
the 100M ('M' for Le Mans).  One of the mods was a 'cold air box', as you
describe with air coming directly from the fresh air vent next to the
radiator.  The mods were packaged as a kit you could buy from the dealer/
factory and install yourself.

robb pryor@pyramid.com