TR7 wiring-help

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: TR7 wiring-help
From: mit-eddie!en.ecn.purdue.edu!chad@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chad R Mccubbins)
Date: Tue, 15 May 90 18:56:50 -0500
        Well it was almost too good to be true, my TR-7 had been running for
a couple weeks wonderfully and I finally decide I am up to tackling the
headlights 'refusing to move' problem.

        First I find finally that the motors do indeed still work when properly
powered :-)  But, they must be powered by this neat little relay that triggers
the motors.  Good.  Then I find that my wing diagram and TRF catalogue show
two relays where I only have one!  Both lights are switched from the one
relay different than shown in every diagram I can find.  Most claim one for
river and one for passengerr.  Anyway, I find a 'circuit breaker' that is blown
in line( a fuse in a fancy plastic case) and jumper the spot only to get things
very hot.  I then find that the left headlight power lead is shorted to the
ground.  Also it runs ONLY through the wiring harness (thru the right fender)
to the left light.  Is this the only place for this wire ?  Did I miss
something ?  Is my car really weird since it does not match the books?
Help!!!
        I am really hoping someone will say, 'Oh that wire goes thru the dash.
And usually .........'  Help!!

Chad
chad@en.ecn.purdue.edu