Re: TRF is sponsoring race cars

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TRF is sponsoring race cars
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sun, 13 May 90 18:11:52 PDT
        I don't race, so the only news that really affected -me- was that TR3
        thermostats have gone NLS....

Ken Gillanders, at British Frame and Engine, is managing (somehow) to
keep a small stock of original sleeve-type thermostats. I just got one
for $18.75. Now that TRF has them as NLS, I may order another as
backup. (Call Ken at 818-443-0939.)

I've been using a 'standard' replacement type without the sleeve.
Operating temps tend to be about 5 degrees C higher, and the engine
just won't stay cool standing in traffic. Not really the same.

chris