Re: heads

To: alliant!Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: heads
From: sgi!chromavac.csd.sgi.com!miq@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 12 May 90 10:11:57 PDT
Now about this rope stuff, could someone explain what the theory/trick is
supposed to do?  I have rebuilt quite a few engines in my time (though there
doesn't seem to be as much of it lately) and ma at a loss as to what this rope
stuff is supposed to do.  Is it really rope?  You mean go to the hrdware store
and pick up a bunch of hemp?  Is is something else?  What do you do once you
have stuffed "two fathoms" into each cylinder?  Boy, and I though super-chargers
were confusing.......

"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
        "Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"
                                An ignorant good samaritan and me in my Bugeye
Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041