Redline with OD, MESSAGES!!

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: Redline with OD, MESSAGES!!
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Fri, 11 May 90 11:59:20 EDT
Gee whiz, I go outa' town for a dayan'ahalf and there's a zillion SOL messages!
I guess this list must be successful...

Someone (Ian?) raised a good point about using Redline oil in an OD gearbox.
I don't know the answer, but I can appreciate the question.  OD's depend on
friction clutches, whether engaged or dis-engaged.  If you have too little
friction, you won't go anywhere.  That is the motivation for his question and
a "traditional" admonition from somebody about not using synthetic oil in an
OD gearbox.  It is a serious question that begs for a good answer.

Jim Muller