Re: Clutch problems on the TR-6

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Clutch problems on the TR-6
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 03 May 90 08:57:19 PDT
        And to top that off, the driven plate is Laycock
        and the pressure plate is Borg & Beck. According to everyone I've ever
        asked, this is a major no-no. Anyone got any great words of clutch
        advice before I start putting this critter back together?

A recent catalog from TRF indicated that B&B bought Laycock (or the
other way around), and apparently they're sometimes getting kits in
with one plate of each. So, at least for new gear, they conclude that
mixing brands is no longer a no-no.