Re: Triple Carbs

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Triple Carbs
From: Eric Dashman <mit-eddie!rti.rti.org!dashman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 89 07:38:20 EST
I think that both the Austin Healey 3000 and the Jaguar E-Type used the
triple carb setup in only one model year...Jaguar in 1967 (Series 1.5) and
Austin Healey in 1962 (Mark II).  A friend of mine had a Mark II and his car
could blow mine (a Mark III) away.  Of course, it could have been my driving
and engine setup :-).  I had an opportunity it buy the manifold and carbs for
my E about 7 or 8 years ago for $350 complete.  As usual I found some reason
not to do it and have kicked myself since.

Eric Dashman

PS to Roger ... Have been following your garage construction with some interest

I added an 840 square foot garage to my house (truss roof so there are no
support beams).  I put it up with some friends one weekend 2 years ago.  I just
finished putting 6 inches of insulation in the ceiling and 3 inches in the
walls.  What a difference.  It's so nice to go out there when it's 30 degrees
out and have the garage at 55-60, with no heating system.  Who could ask for
a better playground.  A neighbor who is an HVAC guy has promised to let me
have the next gas furnace they pull out of an install job.