More on MGB clutch

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: More on MGB clutch
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 89 07:54:57 EST
1) Yes, it starts to come back to me now. The MGB was later fitted with an
   improved throw-out bearing, instead of the graphite disk. This part should
   be provided (desired) for all replacement functions.
2) There is a removable rubber "inspection plug" on the side of the transmission
   housing. (this may not hold for both the syncro and non-syncro versions)
   Removing this plug will allow you to ascertain that yes, there are clutch
   parts in there. You may even be able to remotly fathom their condition.

I've finally tapped into information on early Austin A40's. I spent an hour+
on the horn to a guy in LA who has at least one of each model, and knows where
most of them in the US (and many in Down Under and Over-The-Pond) are located.
Can't ask for much more than that. :-)
        Magazines. So many to pick from. Sports and GT has definitly
disappeared, no great loss. I've started to pick up on "Classic Auto Restorer"
which caters to US and Foreign both! And I've finally discovered "British Car"
the american mag about brit cars- A must for parts sources and stuff.
I think it's Classic Restorer, or like that, a Brit mag with real cars for
real people, and articles on how-to, what-to, and what-can-you. Of course I
like Throughbred and Classic, It's a good all around.
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!