Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm

To: D Walker <treefrogno9@webtv.net> (Win)/6.0.13_GA_2944) s=q20121106; t=1373376964; bh=bEPIYISlY1R1pMSpsjnDt5zpVPPx8qW17IDQb+wSNn8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=hdE+ZtmTG+sQzN6UXaMbo5BANmUWU3aJpvwk9I/E33LBE4+nXNtLMzNSIplNv8m60 lYet+5xbJUHaEHiaUD2NV0Sx/B6V7v/GEUwTAygniyH6F/OWoJq6ANp+5f5pLq2J6u KCJk9zYDGjkFRbYFnx7rcuxvTmUVrimc/sD9LxzAtikeQ3p395FxDMGOB0Qooch18j YCdSwGoTDx8Vu8rNONhW4w8WJ8Jas9xiutD1jYI8YpzDWUqZDA2NMiVdn1OaOydSXv MYEkLHAzabl4x5790r/RfWWp0BBlRStjGq3gFma/gNNru0hporfEJMD9R50H7hDxui rA0SROb8Gu4Ww==
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm
From: pugsracer@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:36:04 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Bricklin <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
I just took my suspension completely apart. Don't think you actually have to
take the spring out to get the lower ar m free asB the spring B is held in
place by the upper control arm, saddle and the tower. However, if you want to
take out the spring, I found a supplier on line who makes an AMC/Mustang
spring removal tool that is really easy and safe ! The tool mounts like the
shock absorber and then pulls the spring up so that you can remove the upper
control arm and then you simply let the spring uncompress by unscrewing the
tool. Let me know if anyone wants more info. Have told John about it just
haven't had time to write anything up on it yet. Pugs 756

tool costs approx $100 with overnight shipping.