Re: [Bricklin] Vacuum storage tank

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Vacuum storage tank
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 05:54:41 -0500
The tank is just a storage device for vacuum , It makes the headlights work
"smoother" and hopefully stores enough to lower them if you shut off the car
before the head lights go all the way down. It basically helps the system work
but if yours is working OK I wouldn't be too worried about it, the early cars
had a separate tank  (coffee can) mounted behind the front bumper

On 2/5/2011 3:34:48 PM, isensee@aol.com wrote:
...Given that the
> headlights are working though, I am not sure that is necessary. So can
anyone
> tell me if there is any reason the tank is needed and therefore should be
> repaired or replaced?
>
> Scott
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html