[Bricklin] Floorboard heat

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] Floorboard heat
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:44:23 -0500
Has anyone resolved the issue of floorboard heat?  I have installed PVC
sound/heat shield in the floor, lizard skin on the firewall, transmission
tunnel and under the seats.   I am still having issues with heat.  In a short
10 mile trip the floor heat will hit around 115 F.  The passenger side it a
little better at 101 F.  I am getting ready to try exhaust wrap since the
pipes are over 200 near the floorboard.  Engine temps are good at 180 F.  I am
not sure what else to try to get this heat down and make the car comfortable
for a long drive.  Right now it is the only thing preventing me from taking my
car to the meet since I have a 3 1/2 hour drive and there are issues after 10
miles.  Even if I could trailer it I am not sure it would be comfortable to
drive for very long.

Greg 0036
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html