Re: [Bricklin] ouch-bricklin named #10 ugliest car in last 50 years

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] ouch-bricklin named #10 ugliest car in last 50 years
From: Steve Stratton <pktgooch@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:59:17 -0800 (PST)
This knucklehead would not know beauty if it bit him on the butt. He would
probably stand in front the Mona Lisa itself and complain that she really was
ugly and probably had bad teeth.  My problem with articles like this is that
they are completely based on the opinions of one person: the author. And most
of them are used to fill space to keep up the page count of a magazine.
Business Week should not be anywhere near this article. You would think that
they would have more important things to riff on, like the 1.4 Trillion Dollar
US Deficit for the fiscal year that just ended, 10% unemployment, etc.

The other issue is with the journalist himself. If you look at most of the
pictures used in the article, he cites Wikipedia as a source. That, in and of
itself, is lazy and questionable journalism. If I had to take a guess, I would
say that he has probably never seen, in person, 40 or more of the 50 cars on
his list. If he had, unless he is one of these "Christopher Steiner" types (the
author of $20.00 a Gallon, How the Rise In Gas Prices Will Make Your Life
Better; who has never seen a car that he liked (and yes, I read the book)), he
would change his tune about half of them, the Bricklin included.

Just my thoughts.

Take care,

Steve Stratton
VIN # 2856 & 2889