[Bricklin] Air Leak Update

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] Air Leak Update
From: maycinc@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:52:32 -0400
I'm still trying to narrow down the air leak on ol' 1343.?? Here's what I've
done so far:

1. installed a check valve in the control box on the line coming from the
compressor so it's not the compressor or line from it.
2. checked all the connections several times with bubble soap - no visible leaks
3. disconnected the line from the tank and put a pressure gauge on it.? Zero
pressure loss after 2 days so it's not the tank or the line from it.
4. It's not the solenoids or the door cylinders because the doors stay up even
after the pressure drops.

It still could be a leaking connection but after 7 years I'm thinking it might
be the regulator.?? Is there a way to check it?
Another strange thing is that the pressure drops from 120 lbs to 20 lbs in
about 6-8 hours then it stays at 20 forever.? So, wherever it's leaking it
takes more than 20 lbs to open the leak.

Marvin