Re: [Bricklin] Transmission removal

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Transmission removal
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:22:32 -0400
At 10:36 PM 3/11/2009, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >I am in the process of pulling the engine and transmission in my
Bricklin.  There are
 >four bolts in one section of the transmission mount and another
part with just two.
 >The section with two I was able to remove easily and were directly in the
 >transmission.  The four I cannot tell if they are connected to the
transmission or not.
 >I need to know if I need those removed to remove the transmission or not.

Greg,

I can't really answer your question with the 74s.  But I'm assuming
that it's very similar
to the 75s.  If I remember correctly, you should be able to remove
the bolts that hold
the xmission mount to the cross brace,  leaving the mount attached to
the xmission.
Trying to get to the bolts that held the mount to the xmission is
about impossible
with everything in the car.

The other option is to actually pull the cross brace from
chassis.  This will give you a lot more room to drop the xmission and
angle the engine/xmission combo.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229