Re: [Bricklin] Stainless steel flexible brake lines.

To: lordshill@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Stainless steel flexible brake lines.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 19:39:44 -0500
At 04:19 PM 3/7/2009, lordshill@aol.com wrote:

 >....I will take the lines with me.  He can do other lines (ie:
Power steering) but
 >cannot do the AC lines.  Anyone with a source for those?

Roy,

As him if he can recommend any body.  Around here there are several
companies that can make them.  Try looking you your Yellow Pages for
Hydrolic lines or Fleet supply house.  They may be able to make them for
you.

But before you have them made, you need to think about if you're going to rehab
your AC system completely.  Which, by the way, I strongly recommend.  I had
a good condenser (the part in front of the radiator).  When I took
mine off I took
it to a shop and had it cleaned and pressure tested.  Several years
later I put it
on.  I could not get the original dryer, so I had to modify the hoses
to fit.  When
we charged the system, we found about 5 holes in the condenser and a leak
in the silver solder on the evaporator.  So I got to pull the hole
thing down again.
I finally decided I'd get an aftermarket condenser.  Now the original
lines and the
mods. wouldn't fit.  I also noticed that the original lines had
cracks in them.  I
said the heck with this, and had new lines made, we silver soldered up the
evap. and I replaced the expansion valve.  So everything is new.

I've heard several stories of people spending a lot of time and money just
replacing a hose, to have the condenser go, to have the other hose go, to......
That gets real expensive real fast.  May as well just it once, and replace
everything.  Remember all the part, if original, are over 30 yrs old!

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229