Re: [Bricklin] AMC gas tank

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] AMC gas tank
From: Mike Walsh <mike.walsh@walshware.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:01:00 -0500
I had to have my gas tank "hot tanked" to clean out the rust and
varnish. I had to travel to Georgia (about 1 1/2 hours away) to find a
radiator shop that would hot tank it. Apparently EPA regulations in
Florida won't let the local shops do a hot tank.

The shop told me they had to do it slowly or it would eat up the tank so
it was about 2 weeks before it was ready. While they were at it I had
them add a drain plug to the bottom of the tank.

I decided to use Bill Hirsch's tank sealer
(http://www.hirschauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GTS) instead of POR
because Ethanol gas is becoming so common and I didn't want to  risk
having the coating  coming off and contaminating my fuel system.