Re: [Bricklin] Gas Tank AMC 4488034

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Gas Tank AMC 4488034
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:00:06 -0500
At 05:43 PM 11/26/2008, you wrote:

 >Anyone know where to get a Bricklin gas tank or a close cross reference?

Greg,

I believe it's the large tank from the V8 Gremlin/Hornet.  Not sure where
you'll find one, except from an AMC junkyard.

 >My neighbor has been motivated over the past few months and got his car
 >running after 13 years of sitting in the garage.  He went to put fuel in the
 >tank and it is leaking at the base of the metal neck on the tank.  So he is
 >looking for a replacement.

You can get some of the epoxy puddy at most auto parts store that will work
with gas.  So you could get some of this and work it in around the filler neck
and tank.

There is a place that will restore you tank, but they are expensive -
like $500
or more depending on the amount of work required.

I haven't seen anyone reproducing the tanks, unless you take it to a metal
shop and have them make a 1 off.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229