Re: Exhaust Wrap

To: "Larry Ankeny" <lvphotogroup@cox.net>, "bl"
Subject: Re: Exhaust Wrap
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:32:04 -0500
I had replaced the brake boot a while back, actually wrote an article about
it in one of the Brickline issues.  It has helped in that area.  The floor
near the transmission tunnel is the problem area now.

I used the edelbrock shorties.  I had installed Heddmen full length headers,
had to replace the starter with a mini starter, but it was a nightmare to
install.  The fit was very tight and when I dropped the car down the ground
clearence was bad.   The shorties are easy to install and bolt up in the
existing exhaust.  They are more expensive than the Heddmen's I purchased
(98310 I believe), but can be installed quickly and look better.  They also
reduce the weight.  The only issue was having to dent the header on the
drivers side to prevent the steering shaft from bumping the header when
turning the wheel.

I have a photo of the original compared to the shorty at this link
s2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/play8or9/Shorty%20Headers/

Greg 0036