RE: Bricklin #1895

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bricklin #1895
From: Jacques Le Clainche <breton48@live.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:02:26 -0600
Hi. Yesterday afternoon, I saw a green Bricklin (vin #1895) parked in front
of a Safeway store in Falcon, CO.  I managed to find the owner. Turns out he
is going to sell his car. It is a 1975 SV1, and as far as I could see all
original except for the American Racing wheels (he has the original wheels and
tires in his workshop),  covers for the headlights (made out of Lexan), and
air doors with remote ( acquired from Bobs Brickyard). He kept the parts from
the original hydraulic system. The door fit seems better than on my Bricklin,
and mine is not too bad. The car has 5,565 miles  thats not a misprint, less
than 6000 miles from new.
The bad: There is some damage to the interior (one repaired rip to the side of
the passenger seat upright, burn damage to the side of the passenger seat due
to a dropped cigarette, cracks on the console),  and  the owner said there is
an engine oil leak from the dipstick. The air conditioning does not work, nor
does the clock.
The good: Seems to be a very original, low mileage Bricklin.
I saw the car for the first time yesterday, and I talked to the owner for the
first time today, so I know  little about the car or the owner.  If anyone is
interested in talking to the owner, contact him at (719) 338-8155. His name is
Steve Holt.  I believe he will ask $20,000 OBO for his car. He is not a club
member and he has no email.
Is this car (vin #1895) registered with the club? Just wondering.

JLC in Colorado

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/