Re: 74 Front Brake Positioner

To: "George T. Geissinger" <ustow@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: 74 Front Brake Positioner
From: "Paul J. Amoroso" <paul-amo@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:54:16 -0400
Hi All;

This reminded me a of a trick a mechanic taught me years ago.  Where
Loc-tite can bind things so tightly that you can break bolts off before
you get them loose, try the disc brake-quiet stuff.  It stops the
vibration loosening and is easy enough to break loose.  I use it all the
time on all kinds of things.  Works great and very inexpensive too.
Heat doesn't really affect it either since it's made to handle heat.  I
put on on the threads and after tightening drop a little more on the
back side of the nut.

Amo