RE: Bricklin in 50 worst cars of all time list?

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bricklin in 50 worst cars of all time list?
From: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:50:46 -0700
Interesting.... the writer criticizes the Bricklin for its  "PlaySkool
furniture" looking panels, the weight of the doors, and for being soooo
slow? I would have understood if he criticized the lack of quality control,
or the poorly designed hydraulics for the doors.  As for the performance,
from what I recently read it was similar to the 1975  Corvette, and not bad
by the standards of the time. Of course, a rather moot point now, as I think
most Bricklin have new air door systems.   I bet plenty of Bricklin engines
have been tuned up too.

Is fire in a Bricklin a major concern?  The writer takes great pleasure in
mentioning the only "safety vehicle" Bricklin he sat in burned to the
ground.

JLC
2121