RE: Amp gauge

To: JOEL SCHNEEWEIS <jbschneeweis@msn.com>, bricklin mail gp
Subject: RE: Amp gauge
From: "Early, Stephen" <stephen.early@fiacardservices.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:28:44 -0400
I'm puzzled too.  One thought I have-maybe your alternator is exceeding
the capacity of the amp gauge.  I'm not sure if this would damage it or
not.  You might try temporarily wiring in a higher range ammeter just to
see how much current is running through the system.

To answer your voltage questions.  You can read voltage from either
terminal on the amp gauge.  Volts with the engine not running should be
around 12.  Volts with the engine running should be 13.5 - 14.5.

I'd go over all the wiring - not sure what I'd be looking for but I'd do
it anyway.

Stephen I. Early
Card Services Technology
Bank of America Corporation