Amp gauge

To: "bricklin mail gp" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Amp gauge
From: "JOEL SCHNEEWEIS" <jbschneeweis@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:55:05 -0600
Here is a problem that is driving me crazy.  I have just burned out my second
amp gauge in two weeks.  The pointer is pegged at the 50+ mark.  The car
continues to run & start so the gauge is still functioning to complete the
electrical system or else the car would not run.  Here is what happens.  When
I start the car the gauge needle immediately goes to 50+ and then it will come
back down slowly to 0 as the system recharges the battery.  It has always done
this since I have owned it.  Recently redid the vehicle with a engine rebuild
etc etc.  Replaced everything & car has been running good.  Sat over the
winter in the body shop & now completed.  Brought the car home & started to
have the amp gauge problem.  Replaced the amp gauge last week, car ran okay &
last night amp gauge worked for a few minutes than pegged at 50+.   Car
continues to run & start.  I have a single wire alternator & MSD ignition.
Anybody got any ideas or suggestions.  Is there a way I can check the voltage
going to the amp gauge & what should it read.   Also need another amp gauge,
anybody got one for sale?  Guess I'll need to contact the Bricklinboyz for
another gauge after I figure out the problem so I don't have to replace any
more gauges.  Not the easiest thing to do.  Thanks for your help.

Joel

VIN: 820 & 1976