Re: Replacing Oil Pan gasket - 74

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing Oil Pan gasket - 74
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:02:09 -0500
make sure you check the back of the intake gasket, many leaks start there
and are confused with rear main leaks, The intake is much easier to fix as
well, check to make sure it is clean and dry back there before you start
down a path the may not need to be traveled. I have not done it on an AMC
based car but It appears impossible to do without engine removal  and a ford
powered brick. I'm order to get the engine high enough to remove the pan you
will have to remove the transmission, you are 3/4 of the way out then....