Replacing Oil Pan gasket - 74

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing Oil Pan gasket - 74
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:13:43 -0600
I was hoping to clean up the continual puddle of oil that is under my car, by
tackling the rear bearing seal and oil pan gasket.  I put the car up on the
ramps and it appears the engine mounting blocks are in the way of being able
to replace this.  It looks like it would require and engine pull or raise to
remove the oil pan.  Is this correct or is there another method?  I believe my
main problem is with the rear bearing seal since it appears the oil is leaking
at the back of the oil pan.  Can the rear seal be replaced without removing
the pan?

Greg 0036