Replacing the Headlight Assembly for a 74 with a 75.

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing the Headlight Assembly for a 74 with a 75.
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:01:29 -0500
I am replacing the 74 headlight assembly with a 75.  Does anyone have access
to measure the U-shaped piece that connect to the vacuum canister shaft?  For
some reason this piece is missing from the light assembly that I have and I do
not have any dimension in my drawings.  I have a similar piece on the 74
mount, but I am not sure if they are the same size.  I am going to make the
piece so I would like to eliminate some of the trial and error if possible.

The reason that I am replacing this is that with the unit that was installed
on mine was pulling down on the hood extension causing it to bend down under
vacuum and stress the area connected to the fenders.  It would give the
appearance the hood was bending upward.  There are two springs one on each
side that were stressed and very flimsy, one side was also broken.  The 75
assembly is better made and supports the hood extension.

Greg 0036