Re: Bricklin Radio

To: Isensee@aol.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Radio
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:44:04 -0400
Scott,

There are a couple of companies out there that take old car radios and
retrofit them with
digital guts. I've seen them in a couple of magazines. Kenwood also makes 2
shaft mount
models.

Personally, I went with the Kenwood KRC1007 which is a shaft mount. There was
no
cutting and went in nice and easy.

I did a quick article for the October 2003 brickline showing what I did.

Seth

On 10/24/2005 at 10:11 PM Isensee@aol.com wrote:

>The radio in my Bricklin has quit. It wasn't the original radio so I'll
>just
>replace rather than repair it. Can anyone suggest a current model radio
>that
>will fit without having to modify the dash? I checked at an electronics
>store and everything they had requires a large rectangular opening. They
>don't
>have the old fashioned shafts sticking out for volume and tuning.
>
>Scott Isensee

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Bricklin Sound System article.doc]