RE: 74 Bricklin Choke Wire

To: david_dalbianco@yahoo.ca, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 74 Bricklin Choke Wire
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:07:17 +0000
It's probably not the wire (I may be wrong but I can't remember anything in
the choke circuit that was electrical and mechanical enough to cause a
surge).  When it surges it may well be a vacuum leak.  On a brick there are
a lot of vacuum lines, for smog, for headlights, for heater, etc.  Try to
block them off (often a pair of hemostats works good) as close to the
source, carb and/or intake manifold, just to see if the surge goes away.  Or
you can use a propane torch, unlight, and flow gas on the lines to see if
suddenly the rpms go up.  Kim