Las Vegas area - Bricklins et al

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Las Vegas area - Bricklins et al
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:05:29 -0400
Hey gang,

I received the following info about a "gullwing" car meet in Las Vegas:

---------------------

The event will be on October 21st, and we're looking at possibly
having The Riviera as the host hotel. We're checking around for rates
right now.

Sure thing!

While everything is still technically tentative, we've so far got
Friday night pretty much planned out. We're looking at having dinner
at the Hot Rod Grille down in Henderson. It will most likely be a
situation where we all order our individual meals. But will be a nice
evening at the place is open 24/7, and has a great covered parking
area, with plenty of lighting to show off quite a few cars. It'll
most likely be a good "meet and greet" for everyone to get together,
and of course meet one another, and learn about each others' cars.
Since DeLorean owners are almost always interested in Bricklins,
it'll be a great opportunity to get to actually see one up close for
the first time. And most likely, vice-versa. I also have a coworker
who's brother in-law has just purchased a Bradley GT II kit car with
gullwing doors, and may wish to bring that car to show it off as well.

Saturday, we're still compiling a specific schedule for the events.
But so far we've got a trip to the Imperial Palace car museum,
possible another trip to the Exotic Cars dealership @ Caesars' Palace
(too see some modern supercars if everyone is interested). We're also
going to be putting together a cruise up and down the strip, as well
as a buffet dinner (or possibly lunch), as well as a nice photo shoot
so everyone can have a memento of the occasion. That night, we'll
probably head over to Fado's Irish pub @ the Green Valley Ranch for a
nightcap, and to let the evening run it's course. The GVR is also
where allot of the attendees are planning on staying so far.

Not sure about Sunday, but we'll probably let everyone wake-up, have
breakfast, and leave at their leisure.

Please, let me know if you yourself, or anyone else would like to
know more. And in addition, if anyone has any ideas for activities,
please by all means, let us know! :)

-Robert

Robert Rooney <dmcvegas@cox.net>

For more info: please contact Robert Rooney <dmcvegas@cox.net>